viernes, 30 de junio de 2017

PCU FAN ERROR Asus [HELP] gaming computer builder

So I was just playin some League of Legends last night when I noticed that my fps was unusually low. I just bought and installed a GTX 1060 6GB two weeks ago, as well as a EVGA 850 Bronze for PSU. I thought, ah a quick restart might fix this. So I turn my Asus desktop pc off and then try to turn it back on. I was also pretty stoned so I was totally shocked when it didn't turn back on. I don't know what to do for about 3 mins when I think of unplugging and replugging my PSU, which worked, allowing my computer to turn on. But when I turned it on, right after the startup screen (the one that show that pressing DEL or F2 takes you to the BIOS menu), it said CPU FAN ERROR and PRESS F1 to fix or something like that. So I do it and after watching a YouTube vid on how to fix it (by literally turning off the CPU fan), I go and think everything is all right. I load up another LoL game and then notice that the FPS is the same. After realizing nothing changed and that I'm a total dumbass for turning off my CPU fan, I shut down my comp and hope that it'll cool down and fix itself by morning. I woke up this morning and turned it on to be greeted by the same "CPU FAN ERROR" screen. This time I go to the bios and just click "Discard Changes and Exit". So I do that and now it's allowed me back to my login, whereas I was only expecting it to shut down and not let me use my computer. So if I could get some help with this situation, that'd be amazing. Is my comp safe to play on now? Is my CPU fried (pretty sure it can't be since my BIOS read and showed it temperature so that means it's still working)? I'm just very unsure right now. Also, I forgot to mention that I was installing games for 2 days straight, leaving my pc on the entire time and watching it's heat. My buddy said that it should be fine because all it's doing is downloading and nothing else, and it wasn't very hot by the end of it all. I was also downloading an update that took an hour earlier last night so it had been on for essentially 5 hours, because I was out until 11:00 PM. Not sure if that's worth mentioning but yea. Thanks! I posted this in the Computer Tech subreddit too.

Update: I just opened up my case and sprayed the whole thing with compressed air, keeping the can as straight as possible. Blew a shitload of dust out from the CPU fan and some from the gpu too. I turned it back on and went to the bios menu. The CPU starts out at about 58 Celsius, and climbs to about 71 in 3 minutes, so something is clearly wrong.

submitted by /u/Eonhunter5
[link] [comments]

from computers https://www.reddit.com/r/computers/comments/6kitbo/pcu_fan_error_asus_help/
via IFTTT
pc building gaming

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario