miércoles, 28 de junio de 2017

problems with 802.11b wireless network adapter? gaming computer builder

I just got a pc today from Xidax, and I cannot connect to my home internet. My wireless adapter is a Qualcomm Atheros AR938x Wireless Network Adapter and uses 802.11b. The network Im trying to connect to uses 802.11n with WPA2 security. I always thought b/g/n were compatible so Im confused as to why Im having issues connecting. The strange part is I can connect to a hotspot if I use my iphone and my connection is fast.

Im using win10, and when I go to my network status it says "no internet access: your device is connected, but you may not be able to access anything on the network. if you have a limited data plan, you can make this network a metered connection or change other properties."

My PC came with a TP-Link disc to install drivers and utilities, but unfortunately the website where I ordered my pc from forgot to send my external disc drive, so I can't do anything with the disc for a few days. However, I don't know if I even need it, since I have internet access when I use a hotspot on my phone. If need be, I could try downloading the drivers onto a USB using my laptop and try to install them through that, but I feel like that will be a waste of my time.

If anyone needs more information, let me know! Thanks

submitted by /u/Memelordjuli
[link] [comments]

from computers https://www.reddit.com/r/computers/comments/6k568f/problems_with_80211b_wireless_network_adapter/
via IFTTT
pc building gaming

1 comentario: