jueves, 30 de marzo de 2017

Noob question regarding video cables/monitors @4k gaming computer builder

Hi,

I've just bought a new desktop PC, which comes with a free 1080p monitor. I went ahead and bought a 28" 4k AOC anyway to be my primary display, which has now arrived but the computer hasn't. My question is about how I can best connect this monitor up to get the full 3840 x 2160 resolution across.

PC has a HDMI and VGA port. 4k monitor has HDMI, DP, VGA and DVI 1080p monitor has DP and VGA.

First question: I have scoured the tech specs and user manual pdfs for the Dell Inspiron 3668 (the PC) and none of them say more than "one HDMI, one VGA" with no reference to version number. If I have a HDMI 2.0 cable and I use it to connect two regular HDMI ports, will 4k@60fps still be achieved?

Secondly, it seems that the analog VGA is the only other option I have for monitor 2. Is this very bad, and are there any adapters that might improve this situation?

Thirdly, both monitors come with DP cables, but I have no use for these as my PC will not accept them. Would it be possible to connect 4k to PC via HDMI and then connect the two monitors together with a DP cable to bypass VGA? I have no idea if this is an actual thing but yeah.

Cheers for your help!

submitted by /u/madcatte
[link] [comments]

from computers https://www.reddit.com/r/computers/comments/62i7kt/noob_question_regarding_video_cablesmonitors_4k/
via IFTTT
pc building website

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario