jueves, 29 de junio de 2017

NEED HELP. Being told I can't be on the network in my house if I'm an admin. gaming computer builder

Hi ,

first time posting on r/computers bute desperate for help and here seems like the best place.

So the situation with my computer is im not an admin someone else in the house is though meaning constantly needing them to do anything when admin permissions are required. This system is said to be much safer by them as it means my account has no automatic access to anything on the pc and outside as everything in my house is connected through Ethernet in the walls or on our network (Told this isn't a homegroup as thats also too dangerous). Due to this the system is they manually allow everyhing needin permission with a password and little to no vetting which is done by me.

I have argued a more efficient system would be to have a separate account which has admin rights that could type in the password of whenever needed however this is supposedly too much of a risk to the network and so I'm faced with a decision.

Either I can disconnect my computer from all networks and Ethernet and only have it connected to the WiFi wirelessly or have no admin privlages but stay on the network.

I know this sounds petty but it's my own personal computerand would prefer to fix the problem I'm having. Any input either about the falsness of their claims or any solutions Is greatly appreciated

Thanks

submitted by /u/Throwawaysend69
[link] [comments]

from computers https://www.reddit.com/r/computers/comments/6ka4rp/need_help_being_told_i_cant_be_on_the_network_in/
via IFTTT
pc building gaming

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario