lunes, 24 de abril de 2017

A bit of a laptop conundrum... gaming computer builder

First of all, I am not computer savvy so any hardware or software details are a bit beyond me but I will try as much as I can to get any info.

So I have a laptop that I've had for the last 4-5 years that I use primarily for playing games (Civ V, Starcraft etc). The battery doesn't work on it and hasn't for the last few years but that is no real issue for me.

Up until 2 months ago I could use it pretty much where ever I wanted (providing there was a power point to tap into) but now it will only work on one power point in my room. I have tried plugging it into other power points all over my house and at friends and it will start the boot up sequence and then die. Every time.

What the hell is causing this???

If it was a faulty cable or dodgy plug I could understand, but the fact it will only work on the plug in my room doesn't make any sense.

I would take it in to have it looked at by a professional, but I cannot afford that.

Any help with the problem would be amazing!

And thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions!

submitted by /u/Ninjahobbit8006
[link] [comments]

from computers https://www.reddit.com/r/computers/comments/67cn7u/a_bit_of_a_laptop_conundrum/
via IFTTT
pc building website

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario