viernes, 31 de marzo de 2017

Needing some advice on cloud security? gaming computer builder

I don't know much about the security and safety of cloud computing.

Someone was using my computer and they basically dragged and dropped or used the keyboard commands (I'm unsure which) to move hundreds of personal files to a cloud storage service from my computers harddrive. I used the cloud storage service known as Box (Box.com), the programme for this service runs in the background, so when she was using the computer and did this all of the files were uploaded straight away. She didn't realise that she had done it and on my phone I can see all the files are now stored in the cloud.

All of the files contain personal information (financial data, insurance documentation, receipts, etc.), it's all stuff that I am not sure is safe in the cloud. Normally I only store photos, some songs and stuff like that. Some of the files she uploaded are encrypted using DiskUtility 256-bit encryption and a complex password so I am not concerned about some of the files, but several hundred are not encrypted and if someone gets a hold of my password they'd be able to see them all. I have turned on two step verification, but my worry is that there are not safe on Box.com's servers.

I'd be grateful for any advice to put my mind at ease, is this something I should be worried about? Will deleting the data straight away be safer than leaving it there (or does it not matter now that it is up there already)? Are they safe?

submitted by /u/DGF82
[link] [comments]

from computers https://www.reddit.com/r/computers/comments/62o0a2/needing_some_advice_on_cloud_security/
via IFTTT
pc building website

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario