viernes, 31 de marzo de 2017

I have an Intel educators kit from the early 90s that has a real motherboard gaming computer builder

So I was recently in contact with an old middle school science teacher and she told me that the school was throwing this kit away and that it was sitting in a back room for years just collecting dust, so I accepted and now I have this kit. I was unable to find much info about this online other than this page. There is a VHS with a video as well, which I have yet to watch, but I plan on ripping it and probably put it up on vid.me or something. Also, the actual motherboard in the kit seems to be real, although sadly the processor was a sample. When I got it, the battery on the motherboard had leaked and there was some acid near it, which I cleaned using white vinegar and a toothbrush. There were no video cards or anything like that as this board was just to show kids what the inside of a computer looked like. Although it appears a small part of the board was dissolved, I still want to try to get it to work. I'll probably buy and old PSU and video card, just to see if it boots up at all. There was also a pretty cool poster (2 of them actually) that I'll probably hang somewhere. Comment if you want to see any more pictures of a specific thing or want a close up or something. I will also scan all of the papers from it and probably upload those tomorrow.

Pictures: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5zXzwaMzQD2Y2VMT09LQlFSZTA?usp=sharing

submitted by /u/Jay1Games
[link] [comments]

from computers https://www.reddit.com/r/computers/comments/62nnrq/i_have_an_intel_educators_kit_from_the_early_90s/
via IFTTT
pc building website

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario